Saturday, December 15, 2012

December WEEKLY–A December Album for the commitment challenged! (DCWV)

Good morning and happy weekend!

DecemberWeeklyPinterest

So, let’s get right to it.  Every year I get caught up in the December Daily buzz that happens in November.  The different Christmas collections fresh from the store, the youtube videos, the blog hops – I love it all.  What I don’t love is the obligation I KNOW I would feel if I spent all that time on an album that was meant to chronicle each and every day of December until Christmas.  I don’t have children and my dogs will only put up with my shenanigans for so long.  I just don’t have the inclination or variety in my life to take pictures like that.  But, I’m a scrapbooker and I DO take more than the average number of pictures in December.  So, I decided to go ahead and make a December album that I could have a hope of actually completing.  And thus, my December WEEKLY was born.

DecemberWeekly

In this album I do something I almost NEVER do in any of my other scrapbooking: I used my own handwriting in all my titles.  I do journal in my own handwriting, but I hardly ever use it for big, visible things like the title.  (Confession: I had to write this about a million times before I got one I was happy with!).

DecemberWeekly1

Though I love the whimsical images and trendy fonts in The Crafty Christmas Stack I thought it needed something non-stack related to give it a little pop. So, I added this 1” red satin ribbon from Michael’s. 

DecemberWeekly2

This stack has lots of gloss and shine! Also that unexpected soft blue throughout gives it a little modern spin!

DecemberWeekly3

As you can see, there are hidden pockets in some of the pages because I used envelopes to build my album (They are A2 envelopes).

DecemberWeekly4

I love how kraft paper takes distress ink. I used vintage photo distress ink throughout the book and I think it makes each page so warm.

DecemberWeekly5

 

There are so many fun tags in The Crafty Christmas Stack that I could have made this book two times over! The coordinated tags really allowed me to put the book together quickly.

DecemberWeekly6

I ADORE all the mixed fonts in this stack! I think the page with the large “A Very Merry Christmas” on it is my favorite.

DecemberWeekly7

This page also houses a pocket that I plan on using to tuck a little accordion book with all the Christmas day and Christmas ever photos.

DecemberWeekly8

This large holly leaf on this paper is so pretty – I used it for the back page of my album!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve already started to fill my book with photos and it is looking great! I’m very happy that I’ve been able to participate in one of my favorite paper crafting traditions without the guilt, pressure, and obligation of a DAILY December album.  I SO understand why people love December Daily, and now I can take part in all the excitement!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Check out the DCWV diary for more inspiration throughout December!

If you like what you see here, please follow me, friend me on Facebook and follow my Pinterest page! (Links on the sidebar!)

Also, don’t forget about my giveaway! HERE (Open till 12/22/12 to US residents!)

Have a great weekend and keep it royal, people!

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about your own handwriting; I always have to redo mine a hundred times! But your title is great, the handwriting adds a great look. In fact, the entire album is great, wonderful mixture of elements and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling and way more doable than daily! I agree Dec is hard enough with so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful journal! I tried to get this stack the other day, and Joanns was sold out!!! Haven't tired Michaels yet! Would've loved to have done one like your beautiful one, but oh well! Next year I'll shop earlier! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK WOW what an amazing Journal, thanks for stopping by my blog and looking forward to creating with you on Card Annex :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this album, Britt! So fun and cheerful! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!