Monday, January 27, 2014

DCWV - Vintage Collector Layout!

Hello there, dear ones!  I'm here today to share a layout I created using the Vintage Collector line by DCWV!




I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately and it seems that so many of the layouts I saw utilize 3x4 and 4x6 journaling cards on traditional scrapbooking pages and not JUST pocket-style scrapbooking.  So, my goal for creating this layout was to choose one of the awesome, new 4x6 cards that are part of the VC line and incorporate it into my traditional layout.

 
I used a 4x6 photo and the 4x6 card as my main focal points - the card also serves as part of my title.
 
 
 
I also utilized lots of the die cuts from the extremely generous die cut back - don't just LOVE the chalkboard elements in this set?!  The "Hello Friend" is a stamp from the Vintage Collector stamp set!


I used a frame cut from the VC stack and a few of the buttons from the button pack to fill in some little empty spaces.

__________________________________________
 
 

So, if you have some of those journaling cards lying around, or you'd like to re-purpose some of your pocket page supplies in your traditional layouts, give this technique a try!  Have you ever used something on a traditional layout that was meant for cards, home décor, or other types of crafting?  Tell me about your project!

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Later queenies!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of that card! You created a really cute layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout!! Great idea using those 4x6 cards for traditional layouts. I thought about using them on the cards I make. There are some really cute ones out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!