Thursday, February 27, 2014

Coral & Navy Cards - DCWV

Good evening crafters!  I'm bringing you a little card tri I made using the new DCWV stack called "Coral & Navy".  It's full of nice, bold geometrics and some very pretty florals in a clean and modern color scheme of coral, yellow, light blue and navy.
 
 
I actually made these for Valentine's day, but haven't posted them until now.
 
 

 
I was really inspired by the sheets of 3x4 cards that are included with Coral and Navy.  The will be great in a pocket-page system, but they're also a really awesome size to use for A2 cards.


 
There were plenty of pretty floral images to cut out that I used for my main embellishments.  I also cut some words using my silhouette.  I chose swirly fonts/phrases from the silhouette store and I thought it added a nice, romantic feeling to the more geometric patterns.

 
 This one was a little hard to capture in the picture. It reads: "gosh you're awesome". :)




 
Here is a great example of the cards that can be found in the stack.  I used my We R Memory Keepers card punch to mimic the 3x4 size using the larger patterned papers. To round the corners I used Becky Higgins' paper rounder.
 
Thanks for taking a look people!!  Grab this stack if you see it - it's a good one!
 
Later queenies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- I love them!