Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back to School Notebook–DCWV

Hello people! It is good to be with you on this, the first day of a holiday weekend! I have a really cute project for you using The Edumacation Stack from DCWV!

Edumacation Comp Book1

All the elements on this project, including the pennants, the tabs, and that cute owl were cut from my stack.  In the last few years, DCWV stacks have come with pages of borders, elements, and embellishments that really make each stack into a collection.

Edumacation Comp Book2

The bows that are “holding up” my pennants are made from some Hemptique twine I got from Really Reasonable Ribbon!  I also added a full page of patterned paper to anchor each tab and divide each section of the notebook.

Edumacation Comp Book3

Want a close-up of that cute little owl?  Of course you do. : )

Edumacation Comp Book1

I love those notch-end banners. I popped them up with some Therm-o-web foam adhesive. : )

------------------------------------------------------------------

Want some more DCWV inspiration? Here is what some of my fellow teammates have been up to:

Amanda Phillips: August Challenge-inspired Autumn Melody projects!

Dayna Sabrina: Bewitched Cards “Batty For You”

Hilde Stolk: “Give Thanks” Card using Autumn Melody

Jan Garber: Poppies card using The Sweet Blossom Stack!

Karla Der: Marine Corps Layout using The Heirloom Stack

Thomisia Francois: Autumn Melody Candle décor

Go hop around and leave them some blog love (and hey, I wouldn’t mind some love spread my way either, lol!).

---------------------------------------------------------------

DCWV:

The Edumacation Stack

The Cardstock Stack (Neutrals)

Therm-o-web:

Foam Adhesive

Fiskars:

Pennant Punch

Non-stick scissors

Paper trimmer

Xyron:

Mega Runner

Beacon:

3-in-1 Adhesive

Other:

Really Reasonable Ribbon Twine (Hemptique)

Notebook: Dollar General

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by!

Keep it real and keep it royal. : )

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You've used this collection perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Lots of eye candy. Wishing you a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!! I have decorated the covers of several notebooks but have not made dividers. What a great idea! In fact, I was wishing the other day that I could have dividers in one of my books and now I see I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brit~ I love, love, love this!! The cover, the dividers and the banner are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fantastic. And so darn cute. Have to scraplift the idea for my Grt. Niece as today was her first day of kindergarten and I think this would be the perfect gift for her and mom. Thanks for the fab ulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your notebook is so adorable! Love the didvers:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable notebook. This is by far one of my favorite seen. TFS. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I've got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so adorable....I am definitely going to lift your cute idea! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on being showcased at DCWV today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a sweet project. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... now if you would just do a TUTORIAL on this I could die a happy, happy Mama! {at least tell me HOW you got the pages so neat and fitted so perfectly?} TFS ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!