Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hampton Art + Scor-pal Feature Week–Day 6

Good Morning people!  Today I have a special project for you that I made using Hampton Art stamps, Clearsnap ink, and products from Scor-pal!

 

ScorpalHAbadge

 

I really love this project.  Unfortunately, I completely forgot to photograph the process of making the box, but it is relatively simple.

Trim colored cardstock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 (that is an 8 1/2 x 11 cut in half short-ways) and score at 4 1/4 to create cards. Stamp snowflakes and sentiment onto cards with matching ink to create tone-on-tone effect.

Scor-pal6

Trim and score four pieces of white cardstock to create envelopes (A2) using scor-envi attachment. See how the Scor-envi has all the measurements right on the front?  It’s so easy to look at the chart for your card size and then quickly trim your paper and make your diagonal score marks! The envelopes come out perfect every time! (Finished size of envelopes: 4 3/8 x 5 3/4. Image Via Scor-pal)

NEW: Scor-Envi diagonal & envelope template - Click Image to Close

Stamp “Happy Holidays” with card-coordinating ink. Stamps from “Just Add Snow” set from Hampton Art. I used the 1/4” Scor-tape to secure my envelopes because it is so strong and thin – it’s perfect for making envelopes, among other things!

Scor-pal5

Use 8 ½ x 11 cardstock to create stationary box. Trim diamond patterned cardstock to create front flap and attach to box.

(This is definitely the part I should have taken pictures of, but honestly, when I make boxes like this I hardly every have a template – I just make it up.  BUT over on the Scor-pal blog there is a little stationary set almost exactly like mine, with a box made almost exactly like mine! Totally didn’t know that was going to happen, but the benefit is that I can direct you to that post at the bottom of my post! So, just keep scrolling and checking out my project and I’ll direct you over to the tutorial at the end!)

 

Scor-pal2

Attach ribbon to create closure. I concealed the flap-side ribbon with another piece of the diamond patterned cardstock. It gives a nice finished look and your ribbon looks really professional!

Scor-pal3

Stamp three snowflakes, fussy cut, and layer on box. Adhere jewel.

Scor-pal4

This stationary set would be perfect to give as a hostess gift on Thanksgiving – that way your hostess has holiday cards all ready if she wants to make them out the day after Thanksgiving!

Scor-pal

I love how it all looks together – so modern and cute with all the bright colors!  I hope you take out your Hampton Art winter stamps and your Scor-pal and get busy on this!

Don’t forget to visit the Scor-pal blog for that box tutorial: HERE

If you want to see some a full product list and more inspiration from Hampton Art today, go: HERE

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you like what you see and want to keep up with the other projects that I do, please follow the blog!

If you want to follow some other way, friend me on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest and Twitter! There are dedicated buttons that will lead you to all my fun social media stuff on my sidebar.>>>>>>

Have an awesome day! Keep it royal people!

11 comments:

  1. This is great. Love the colour combo. Papers are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the cute cards and box you made with the really fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project. I love the card box! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you did the box and the ribbon, it really makes the set come together. a beautiful hostess gift or neighbor gift too. great non-traditional colors. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of giving cards as a gift but had not considered making a box for them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your box and the shape of the top flap. SO cute. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bright holiday cards in nontraditional colors and love the box that finishes the set nicely ~ perfect for gifting. Often wondered what glue crafters used on homemade envelopes ~ duh, Scor-Tape is the solution. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card set!! I LOVE LOVE the box that holds the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!