Monday, March 19, 2012

PMS Digital Makeover Challenge #28–Photo Inspiration!

Happy Monday! It is time again for another Digital Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps!

The rules are simple: Use a digi and stay within the challenge theme. There will be one random winner who will receive 3 single digis of their choice from PMS (or 5! if you use a PMS image in your winning entry).

The Challenge:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I really like the simplicity and comfort of old stand-bys. Things that I am entirely comfortable with.  Like everything old and comfortable, you have to love it for its quirks. 

My parents first got the internet when I was about eleven.  I became seriously savvy, SERiously fast. But, as is the way of things, I was learning as I went (armed only with STRICT orders not to give out personal info or talk in chat rooms, lol). I wanted to make my own website and I didn’t really understand all about the vast options that were available to me on word processing programs. I wanted to create banners and buttons for my ‘site’ and I became obsessed with a little-used, and often underestimated program called Microsoft Paint. 

I got to know it so well that, even to this day, I probably use it in my scrapbooking and cardmaking about once or twice a day.  Paint is limited, I will admit.  But, part of art is learning to work with imperfections – in yourself and in the art.

Paint is very sensitive to slight differences in hue.  When I imported the stamp  I was hoping that I could color certain parts while keeping the rest of the image black.  As luck would have it, the outermost ‘black’ was a slightly different ‘black’ than the innermost black of each flower.  This is not an affectation of the stamp files, but of how the program READS those files. So, don’t worry that your PMS stamps wont print true – they are GREAT files.

I’m excited to share my card with you and I hope you’ll give PAINT a chance. : )

FlowerThanks

I wanted to share the front view also so you could really see what I did with my coloring (all done in paint, of course).

FlowerThanks2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps: (Dandy Wishes set) PMS, (background) Stampabilities, (sentiment) Stampendous | Rubons: (doodle borders) The Paper Studio | Gems: (Purple) Darice | Cardbase: (cream) DCWV | Ink: (brown, black) Memento

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This didn’t really fit with any other challenges, but I’m still happy to be able to share it with you!

Thanks for stopping by!

And remember – it is so good to be queen!

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! Love all the colors and the background and rub-ons are perfect. Wish Paint would work on a Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've messed around with the Paint program some recently, but never tried the dandelion images in there yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!