Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Mind’s Eye August Sketches

I have a layout and a card to enter in the MME blog sketch challenges

Here is the page sketch:

MMEsketch

And here is my version of the sketch:

AllintheFamily

I actually didn’t have a LOT of MME products.  My LSS doesn’t really carry much of it so the only things I had to work with were the Simply Delightful MEGA stack and the first Life Stories stack.  I used the iTop, punches and my “mad flower-making skills” to stretch that paper and turn it into embellishments.  everything is made or covered with MME paper except for the tiny flowers and the solid cardstock.

I am loving the little “age” circle with our ages in it from Life Stories. I’m really happy with the results.

And here is the card sketch:

MMEsketch2

And here is what I did with it:

HappinessIs

I found the card a bit more challenging than the layout.  I realize that I rely on premade embellishments for card making more than I do for scrapbooking. But, I used the remnants from making my layout and I do like that paper. The tags, larger flowers and patterned paper are all MME products.

I love the stickles in the center of my flower punches!

Head on over to My Mind’s Eye blog and enter the challenge yourself!

Hope you enjoy!

Keep it royal people.

1 comment:

  1. love both of these but the flower on your LO is Great!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!