Saturday, August 27, 2011

SPCC Entry – Using Basic Grey!

This is the last SPCC challenge before the end of the DT call.  Here is the challenge:

I immediately thought of my favorite Basic Grey line: Origins. I wanted to do a quilt look so I cut up the FRONT of the origins packaging and used the little square samples to make my quilted  circle. It worked perfect!

Here she is:

GratitudeAction

This is also the second card in my personal challenge to use ALL of my stamps.  I used “Gratitude is an Action Word” from Inkadinkado’s Thankful for Everything.  I also used Heidi Grace “Thank You w/heart”.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sketch:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamp: Some Odd Girl: Dancin Kaylee | DSP: Basic Grey: Origins | Zig: fine liner |Stickles | Cardstock: Recollections | Embossing folder: Sizzix (Basic Grey) | Stash: flowers, ribbon, pins, doily | Coloring: Copic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entered in:

Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Challenge: Color Combo

Deconstructed Sketches: Sketch

Some Odd Girl: Paper Piecing: I pieced her shirt and her shoes (one with BG card and one with solid)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for looking!

It is good to be queen!

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love all the attention to detail you put in with your fabulous coloring! Thanks for being Odd with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked!!! Sooo beautiful!! Love the colors!! Thanks for playing with us at SOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so freakin' awesome! I love everything about it :)
    xx Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the detail and fabulous sentiment too! The paper piecing is gorgeous - her skirt is phenomenal! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl this week - can't wait to see what you create next!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing our color challenge, very nice card, love the layout too...

    Leanne SP-Color Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is utterly amazing!!! The colors, the design, the papers - love the sentiment with that image too! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. I got THREE letters for ya!!
    W-O-W!!

    The Origins pack has got to be one of my faves from Basic Grey and this has just used it to its full beauty!! The layout and the quilted look are AWESOME! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her skirt, and those arm warmers?! Talk about perfect colour matching!! Seriously gorgeous.

    Thanks for being odd and joining us over at Some Odd Girl for our 'Paper Piecing' challenge this week. Good luck.

    xo Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!!! Love every little detail on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is awesome! Great paper piecing and your coloring is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Some Odd Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. completely amazing!! i love the origins here and perfect piecing!

    thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!