Monday, August 8, 2011

TOMIC #10 Guest DT Project!



I am so, so, SO excited for today! It’s time for TOMIC #10 and I would like to share my guest DT project. YEAY!

The challenge is (make your own drumroll…):

Make a Scene with MASKING!

You know, masking isn’t really a technique that I use often, so this really did stretch my stamping muscles – but in a good way!

Here is my project:

New Beginnings Long

New Beginnings1

New Beginnings2

New Beginnings3

New Beginnings4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps: LOTS of Magnolia; Raindrop Echo Designs sentiment | Ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black | Watercolor (Bricks and suitcases), Copics (Tildas/Edwin), and Zig Pen (outline) | Train: Cricut with MTC (coloring page) | Pearls: The Paper Studio | Martha Stewart : Train Border Punch |Spellbinders: Labels 10 | Cardstock: BBP, DCWV, The Paper Studio | Glimmer Mist | Ribbons and Ribbon roses: Stash

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am really pleased with the blue paper roses that I made. I think I have discovered a technique that really works for me.

Also, I MADE the little bling-y swirls in the style of Say it in Pearls by Prima. I want to do a tutorial on them soon, so look for that!

I am very pleased that my little ribbon roses took the Glimmer Mist so well. They started out white and now I know I can make them any color I want with my mists! Very cool.

I hope you like it and good luck with the challenge!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Note: Honestly, I am a little disappointed with how the pictures of this turned out. It is so cute in person and the photos DID leave a little something to be desired – even though I tried to photograph them a MILLION ways. I DID find out that my camera has this cool stitch thing where I can take a three photos in a series and they will stitch together in a long photo. Cool, right?

It’s good to be Queen!

2 comments:

  1. Hi saw your project on TOMIC. I love the bright colours and the swirls. So many cool ideas on here ! Super inspiration Thanks Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Queen, I am replying to your email regarding not being able to leave a comment on Anything goes DT Call if you would like to email me your entry had would be great.. I have just checked the comments and I was able to leave a comment if you would like to try again or email the chose is your's poshcatcrafts@gmail.com
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!