Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scrapmaster’s Paradise Color Combo (DT Call)

Good early morning (or, like me, late night!) to all you queenies!

I am very excited to be putting up my first entry for SPCC challenge.  This is also the first in a series of entries in order to apply for a DT spot over there. (yeay!)

The Combo:

colorcombo

You know, Baja Breeze looked a little more turquois before. :)

I'm excited to share this with you for two reasons: One, I colored this image with colored pencils which I NEVER do.  I am pretty much copic/watercolor all the way but, I am very happy with the results.  And two: I got a chance to use some papers from SEI that I have been dying to use – and used them in a way that I didn’t expect when I bought them.

So, no more waiting, here we are:

100_0311

100_0310

She’s so cute, right?  I am very happy with this card shape as well.  The overhang allows you to use two patterned papers behind the main image – gives a lot of depth methinks. Here is the sketch I used (I modified it a little):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamp: Bugaboo (Sugar and Spice set) | Cardstock: BBP (purple cardbase), DCWV “Glitter Stack” (Purple Scallop Rectangle), American Crafts (Pearlized Turquois) | DSP: SEI (Couture) | Spellbinders (Rectangles – Large, Scalloped Rectangles) | Ribbon: RibbonFX | Stickers: K Marcella (Monkey Around Girl)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entered in:

Sweet Stampin: Babies or Little Ones

Glitter Geeks: Sketch

Tuesday Throwdown: Non-stamped Sentiment

Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo: Color Combo (DT submission)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for looking ( I love comments!)

And remember….it is GOOD to be queen!

9 comments:

  1. That is really lovely. I adore the colours and the colouring is fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck!
    Hope to see you again.
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the overhang and the scalloped shape under the image. But my fave is that swirly patterned ribbon. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,
    Oh this is just Absolutely Adorable!!! Love the super cute image, the dp's, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout. Coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and Good Luck. Hope you can join us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH she is so cute!! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun card with the sweet image and all the pretty layers :) So glad you joined us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun card...

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love that cute image! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card hunny! So darn cute!!! Thanks for leaving your message on my blog re the card measurments xxx hugs Samantha x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!